Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
DWARF RED BUCKEYE
Aesculus pavia 'Nana'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 4-9 · Mature Height: 6-8 Feet · Mature Spread: 6-8 Feet
Buy Dwarf Red Buckeye online. This a dwarf selection of the native Red Buckeye, aka Texas Red Buckeye, that produces very showy clusters of bright red flowers in early to late spring. The leaves are quite unique and grow as 5 leaflet palmately compound, which emerge a bronze-red and later turn dark green. Once mature, a large, rounded brown seed is produced.
Family: Sapindaceae · Common Name: Buckeye
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
DWARF RED BUCKEYE Plant Characteristics
|Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
|Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
|Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
|Root Rot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
|Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
Leaf Color Summer*
|Near Water Gardens or Ponds
|Under Power Lines
0 review(s) for DWARF RED BUCKEYE
DWARF RED BUCKEYE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Aesculus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About DWARF RED BUCKEYE
Red buckeye is typically grown as an understory tree. Grows best in the moist, rich, slightly acidic soils