Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
BLACK BARLOW COLUMBINE
Aquilegia vulgaris 'Black Barlow'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Eco gallon Potted
Mix $ Match Item
18 - Available Now (G) - Details -
List Price $25.00 per plant In Stock
Hardiness Zone: 3-9 · Mature Height: 12-14 Inches · Mature Spread: 8-10 Inches
Buy Black Barlow Columbine online. Full double blooms that are dark purple-black and look similar to Dahlias. Particularly popular in Europe.
Family: Ranunculaceae · Common Name: Columbine
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
BLACK BARLOW COLUMBINE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Moderate Resistance|
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
2 review(s) for BLACK BARLOW COLUMBINE
BLACK BARLOW COLUMBINE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Aquilegia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions; however it does not tolerate heat well. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About BLACK BARLOW COLUMBINE
For more info about this species and it's uses click here.